I can’t stress enough how much these rankings will change over the next year, as there are many talented junior athletes that don’t always see a ton of time as sophomores. Many of these kids will move up and down this list based on performance over the 2012 season. No one should take it personal, as all of rankings are based on who projects highest to the next level. You may check out the criteria that is posted with the 2013 kids already on the site
If you reference the 2013 rankings http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/rankings.html for senior’s you will see a much more firm order based on who has been offered and a variety of other factors. Feel free to let us know of any individuals we may be missing as obviously nothing is perfect. ESPN, Scout. Com, Oregon Live, Dawgman.Com, and a bunch of other talented folks have done an outstanding job of covering a lot of these kids and we enjoy our relationships with all of them.
Feel free to chime in and let us know of anyone else who is deserving. Rankings will be updated constantly, and we are looking forward to seeing which underclassmen get the job done this season
1. David Reese- Clack 6-7 240 OL Clackmas.. Upside is off the charts as the kid has the frame to be a force on the football field with added size and work. Started as a sophomore and did very well at our elite events, brother of player of the year Jen Reese in girls hoops. Talented basketball player himself.
2. Tanner Davies 6-3 275 OL/DL Sheldon..Played a big role as a sophomore, outstanding size..14 pancake blocks in backup role. Did very well at UW Showcase and will be looked to lead this season up front on a potential state title team.
3. Zach Kraus- 6-3 260 OL Canby.. Honorable Mention all league OL with natural size.. Will only grow and get better on what is a traditionally run oriented team. The Cougars have maybe the top junior O line in the state and Kraus is the leader
4. Craig Fobert 6-4 270 Canby.. Another beast that should do very well blocking up front with a very talented 2014 class. Will be a big factor in the coming years.
5. Tyler Cox 6-3 230 DL/OL Southridge.. Big two way threat with a huge upside, will most likely just get bigger and be one of the best lineman in the Metro over the next two seasons. Has top coaching with Brian Cassidy, and a phenomenal work ethic. Expect to see him add significant size as he is still young, with outstanding genes.
6. Austin Phillips- 6-3 245 DL/C Mt View … Good sized center that can play multiple positions and will be one of the better lineman for his class in the state. Can play on either side of the ball
7.Austin Homes 6-4 225 OL/DL Eagle Point.. Brother of Montana Commit Tyrone Homes who has been a special player with multiple offers. Austin has a frame , that would allow him to add significant size and shows outstanding overall athleticsm with his basketball abilities.
8. Will Heck- Crescent Valley 6-1 260.. Started as a sophomore and did very well. Talented lineman that will team with Powell/ Bodon on what is the top line at the 5a level in Oregon.
9. Noah Bagley- West Linn 6-2 320.. Just a big dude that does a very good job clearing the way for ball carriers with his overall size. It will be very interesting to see how he develops and grows.
10. Ellis Eaton- West Linn 6-2 235.. Super talented kid that can play on either side of the ball and is one of the state’s best juniors. Brother Elijah was a standout at WL as well.
10. Nick Kraxberger 6-3 255 Canby.. An important member of the three headed monster that is the Junior Canby offensive line. Should be one of the better young lineman in the state.
Leo Tuinei 6-2 260 OL/DL The Dalles… 1st team all league DL with a huge upside, big and physical kid that could dominate the whole league.
PJ Schubert- 6-4 280 OL/DL Pendleton.. 2nd Team O Lineman, should provide a solid foundation moving forward.. Has added size and looked good from a young age.
Bruce Isabel McNary 6-1 255… Hon Mention all league kid that will team with Ross and Cowan to form one of the best lines in the Valley. Isabel
Danny Tanabe- Southridge OL/DL 6-2 230.. Good size kid that is just getting better, and has a mean streak needed to be successful at the highest level. Will looked upon to start both ways and once again has top coaching with Cassidy.
Mike Miller- Jesuit 6-2 260 OL..Don’t know how much he will play due to the Crusaders with all of the Crusaders talent, but should be considered one of the better young lineman in the Metro
David Brugato – Jesuit 5-10 225.. Not a big kid, but will get the start at center and have to live up to one of the most successful 3 year starters in Jesuit history in Dominic Mori. Will get a chance to prove himself right away
John Milhollin 6-3 280 S.Medford… D1 genes as his brother is a talented overall athlete and QB at Portland St. John is still growing into his body and should be
Damian Martinez Hermiston.. 1st team all league kid as a sophomore that goes by “pug”. Not quite sure what that means but I wouldnt want to mess with anybody that’s ok with that.
1. Connor Humphreys 6-4 245 OL/DL Central Catholic.. Kids an absolute baller already hauling in 2 D1 offers (Wyoming, Portland St) already with many more to come. Comes off the end as quick as any athlete in the region and is unquestioned big time D1 talent. Will start both ways for CC, Team USA 17 Under 2012
2. Christian Martinek 6-3 220 DE Jesuit- 1st team all league as a sophomore in the very tough Metro League. Projects as more of a OLB type but will also be playing QB so his time may be limited. He is one of the top overall athletes and pitchers in the country and will be a high MLB draft choice in a few years. The fact that the kid plays QB & DE and is the best at both speaks volumes about his talent level.
3. Marqueese Royster 6-1 265 DL Lakeridge.. Son of former college star Marcus Royster, along with a host of other professional athletes in the family..Mazio Royster (USC/NFL), Jerry Royster (MLB) actually many more. Transferred from Lake O and looks to be a Defensive Player of the Year Candidate in the TRL..Recent film from the UW Showcase and Elite events speak for themselves. Team USA 17 Under 2012
4. Semise Kofe 6-1 250 OL/DL Roosevelt..All League as a freshman and just a very athletic big man. Will just get better and comes of the ball hard. Big time talent
5. Liam Talty 6-4 220 DE Sheldon.. Really proved himself on the camp circuit over the off season. Super quick coming of the end and has legit size that he uses to his advantage. Very athletic big man
6. Sione Taumoueanga 6-0 265 OL/DL Roosevelt.. 1st team all league D line, 2nd team O line..Absolute beast up front. Had an outstanding sophomore year, may just be a size issue.
7. Austin Homes 6-4 225 OL/DL Eagle Point.. Brother of Montana Commit Tyrone Homes who has been a special player with multiple offers. Austin has a frame , that would allow him to add significant size and shows outstanding overall athleticsm with his basketball abilities.
8..Tristan Lallo 6-4 215 DE/OL South Medford.. Has unquestioned natural size and looks to be only getting bigger..Better defensive player cause he can just be let loose..30 total tackles, 2 sacks
9.Brad Smith 6-4, 210 DE Reynolds.. Big kid that moves well and gives the Raiders hope moving forward..83 total tackles, 7.5 Tackles per game, Very promising future on team thats on the rise
10. Tyler Cox 6-3 230 DL/OL Southridge.. Big two way threat with a huge upside, will most likely just get bigger and be one of the best lineman in the Metro over the next two seasons. Has top coaching with Cassidy, and a phenomenal work ethic. Expect to see him add significant size as he is still young, with outstanding genes.
10.Michael Mcguire 6-2 260 DL/OL Centennial…1st team all league kid that was one of the state sack leaders (3), Good sized athlete that will be a leader up front
Henry Mondeaux 6-4 240 Jesuit.. 2nd Team all league TE that projects as a D1 TE, but will also contribute defensively.. Better offensive player, but outstanding overall athlete
Josh Brown 6-5 235 TE/DL Sunset.. Started both ways as a sophomore and has a huge upside..Size gives him the ability to climb this list quickly, needs to work on overall speed.
Danny Tanabe- 6-2 230 Southridge OL/DL.. Good size kid that is just getting better, and has a mean streak needed to be successful at the highest level. Will looked upon to start both ways and once again has top coaching with Cassidy.
Janak Ward 6-1 230 Tigard OL/DL.. Talented young lineman that will need to be a leader on a line that loses three big time seniors from last season. Not the biggest kid in the world but very strong and athletic.
Darren Kime 6-1 235 DE Churchill .. Hon Mention All League athlete that will play for a talented team. Should be one of the top lineman in the conference
Josh White- 6-2 220 Marist DL… Hon Mention all league athlete that will need to step in and help out a line that has gotten significantly smaller from the last two seasons
Anthony Bottaro 5-11 210 Beaverton DL… Not a big kid, but did very well his sophomore season and will need to have a good year as Colorito will be double and tripled teamed.. 4.8 Tackles per game
Kyle Eli 5-9 200 S.Medford DL… 43 total tackles, 3 sacks, very productive sophomore season.. Undersized kid that could cause havoc for most teams.